FARM-STAY FOREIGN VOLUNTEERS
The Northwest Cooperation and Development Center (TABA) is a Vietnamese non-governmental organization with a vision of being a pioneer NGO in (i) Empowering women in agribusiness and production; (ii) Providing consultancy on agribusiness solutions; (iii) Contributing to and influencing the policy formulation and implementation on economic development and gender equality in Viet Nam. For more information about TABA, please follow: http://northwest.com.vn/ or fan-page: https://www.facebook.com/TrungTamHopTacPhatTrienTayBac
Agritage Vietnam is an impact business initiative supported by TABA. Agritage Vietnam was established in 2016 with the vision of becoming a pioneering complex to build and replicate the Vietnam Heritage Agriculture ecosystem. Agritage is an abbreviation for Agriculture and Heritage, which is a combination of two English words. Agritage is a term that means “heritage agriculture’’.
Agritage Vietnam does business based on the ecosystem of Heritage Farm Villages and Agritage+. We have a vision of becoming a pioneer to develop and preserve the Vietnam Heritage Agriculture ecosystem. Having initiated from small local food stores, we have invested in farm stay models and have built up agritage villages where local farmers can have stable income from organic farming and eco-tourism activities. Agritage Viet Nam builds heritage farming villages with five elements, including (i) sustainable livelihoods and food security; ii) Biodiversity in agriculture; (iii) Indigenous knowledge restoration and preservation, (iv) Cultural value system and community organization; and (v) Typical landscape system through community-based tourism, adventure tours and ecotourism.
Van Ho Agritage is located in Buot village – a small village in Son La province where 59 households are cultivating indigenous agricultural products according to PGS organic standards; promoting models of medicinal forest gardens; and provides agricultural experience tourism, experiential education, and accommodation services. For more information about Van Ho Agritage, please see website: https://vanhoagritage.com/; fan-page:
We are seeking for 05 foreigners to join our team in the village with specific details as follows:
- Stay in the village to take care of Agritage Hill and Agritage farm.
- Support the company’s tour coordinator/tour guide when tourists visit.
- Take care of Agritage Hill and Homestay to welcome guests or visitors.
- Take care of visitors during their stay.
- Coordinate entertainment activities, especially cultural and artistic activities for visitors.
- Provided accommodation and meals: The person has an opportunity to stay in a very beautiful and peaceful valley where Thai ethnic people are living.
- Be immersed in nature (trees, forests, streams) and ethnic minority culture.
- Travel support back to Ha Noi twice a month.
- Enjoy Shinrin-yoku (forest bathing) and foot baths at the village
- Have opportunities to discover yourself and experience the forest.
- Have opportunities to learn how to build agricultural models.
- Directly contribute to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Be fluent in English (Native – speaking English volunteer is an asset)
- Live in Vietnam with long-term work permit/visa
- Commit to stay at Agritage Hill at least 3 months
- Be ready to stay in Agritage village
- Be a nature lover
- Be a farming lover
- Be respectful to diversity
Working place: Agritage Hill, Buot village, Chieng Yen Commune, Van Ho district, Son La province (around 145km from Ha Noi center).
Start time: As soon as possible
Application: Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter to Mrs. Hoa Nguyen at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact hotline number: 036 738 0008
Application due: 20th March 2023
Agritage Vietnam is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Agritage Vietnam does not discriminate against